Our Client, a leading provider of high performance tooling is seeking a HSE Coordinator to join their team in Dublin. The HSE coordinator is responsible for leading and managing an effective site Environment, Health & Safety process. The role is ultimately responsible for delivering a Zero Harm Culture across the business and for ensuring that all HSE legal requirements are met. The role reports to the Head of QHSE.
Key duties/responsibilities of HSE
· Produce a legislative register by having a good understanding of Safety and Environmental legislation.
· Implement standards e.g. ISO14001(Environmental) and ISO 45001(Safety).
o Develop and implement HSE policies and procedures.
o Set systems in place so that task based risk assessments are completed by the appropriate function supporting as required. Also applies to COSHH assessments.
o Manage HSE internal audit / inspection programs to proactively reduce risk.
· Develop & improve key HSE metrics KPI’s to track performance and compliance. Including carbon footprint and waste reduction
· Co-ordinate inspections by corporate or regulatory bodies.
· Identify & deliver HSE training as appropriate.
· Develop company crisis management and business continuity management strategies.
· Work with HR to Develop Corporate Social Responsibility processes (CSR).
· Implement safety programmes to address risk.
· Manage occupational health monitoring in the workplace.
· Manage contractor safety through safe working practices
· Health and Safety Compliance in the workplace through inspections/audit – across all facilities and work completed at customer sites
· Conduct Health and Safety Meetings with employee participation
People : Accountable for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring full adherence to best practice systems and processes. Managing training programmes to ensure HSE compliance and Zero Harm culture. Displays ownership but needs good facilitation skills to get people to support.
Customer : Drive collaboration across all departments to ensure a seamless customer experience. Passion for exceeding internal and external customer expectations. Customer Service Orientation
Performance : Achieve KPI’s for HSE & Facilities, working with and leading teams to succeed along the full value stream. Ensures SMART goals are in place to deliver on plan and stretch targets assigned year on year to improve business performance. Develop strong partnerships across all organisation functions along the full value stream. Creates systems and processes to deliver repeatable results
Quality : Lead HSE improvement initiatives to support the Quality culture and audit processes. Develop recovery plans when dealing with KPI challenges to ensure metrics are recovered and HSE performance is maintained.
Innovation : Develop and implement improvement ideas to drive HSE excellence across the business. Use of PDCA programme and risk assessments to drive Innovation strategy. Create an environment where ideas and insights can be shared, developed and implemented.
Key Performance Indicators for the role
· Close calls (near misses)
· Accident incident rate (first aid incidents)
· LWD (Lost work days) / Recordable incidents
· Legal compliance
· Waste reduction
· Formal qualification in a relevant engineering, manufacturing, scientific discipline or similar.
· Formal qualification in Health & Safety / Environmental management
· Experience in manufacturing processes and complex, multiple technology products.
· Proven ability to manage and develop a Zero Harm HSE environment, engaging teams to buy in to and support the culture.
· Experience in regulated environment an advantage (e.g. med tech, pharma)
· Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
· Levels of high energy and drive for results