- Salary: €45,000 - €65,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Civils & UtilitiesConstruction
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, a a leading main contractor are presently recruiting for an BIM Coordinator. The Candidate will be responsible for coordinating the design models associated with a large 3rd level Educational Development and will include Civil, Landscape along with any internal coordination within the different teams (Architectural, Structural, M&E, PCC) to ensure final coordinated design information across the different specialties.
This role of the BIM Coordinator is to develop and maintain BIM protocols, BIM Execution Plans and other relevant documentation as well as coordinating work information flows. The BIM Coordinator reports directly to the Design Manager, and is also overseen by the Company BIM Manager. They will work closely with the Senior Project Leadership, Project Manager and the Senior Engineer. This role is project based.
One of the BIM Coordinator’s primary roles is to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the projects digitalised processes and to be responsible for verifying the accuracy and consistency of the BIM model.
They will work with the Design manager to coordinate all technical information and ensure reliable information exchange at the agreed LOD and LOI levels through a CDE.
- Maintain and receive information into the Information Model. Enable integration and coordination of information within Information the Model.
- Configure information for Project Outputs. Populate the information exchange format for the Information Model.
- Enforce the Project BIM Execution Plan and ensure delivery of the Information requirement in the EIR. Accept /reject information exchanges within the common data environment. Assure delivery of information exchanges.
- Confirm suppliers’ ability to deliver information requirements.
- Track and report on the above process to Senior Project Team
- Support the Design Manager on successful project/design delivery.
- Coordinate internally the design team and specialist subcontractors.
- Implement the Design Management Plan.
- Ensure proper distribution between ARC/STR/PCC/BIM models.
- Permanent liaison with M&E Services coordinators.
- Attendance to meetings and workshops on behalf Design Manager if he/she cannot attend.
SPECIFIC ROLE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering or Architecture with additional BIM training
- Minimum 2-3 years Project based experience;
- Excellent understanding of all BIM tools and digital design coordination;
- Excellent understanding of document control tools as Aconex, BIM360, CDE’s etc.;
- Construction industry experience in similar projects desirable;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly technical approach, problem solving capacity and solution driven;
- Excellent communication oral and written, with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to convey findings to All stakeholders and offer valid solutions;
- Skills using coordination/review tools such as Navisworks to federate, coordinate, clash detect and produce reports.
- The ability to use simulation tools such as Navisworks, aligned with project schedules/programmes to produce 4D simulations. –
- Experience using BIM in conjunction with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) will be beneficial. –
- A thorough understanding of what is required by Level 2 BIM and the ability to produce all deliverables required by the mandate such as BIM execution plans, MPDTs, MIDPs, COB Ie outputs etc.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org