- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Location: UKLondon & SE
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, a Civil and Geotechnical Engineering Consultancy is recruiting a Civil Design Engineer to join their offices in Waterloo, London.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils, Structural & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
A confident individual who can demonstrate strong technical basics. With a clear passionate aspiration and the proven skills to progress professionally, with the potential to lead small teams on large engineering projects. Will be working towards professional chartership status.
BSc, BEng, MEng
Graduate or corporate member of Professional Learned Body, for example ICE, GeoSoc, IMechE
Key Skills & Experience
- Structural design experience in concrete and steel essential.
- Ideally previous tunnelling experience.
- Temporary Works Design experience desired as well as familiarity with Design & Build Projects.
- Ideally having experience of working on UK based projects with on-site experience.
- Previous knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Bentley would be useful.
Key Competencies & Responsibilities:
- Implementing engineering solutions to problems.
- Lead day to day technical discussion with other designers, contractors and clients.
- Ensures requirements within technical briefs and works information are adhered to.
- Continued deepening of knowledge in selected specialist area(s).
- Be able to produce technical reports that require minimum review.
- Lead the production of technical drawings with the appropriate level of details.
- Be able to identify and delivery value engineering solutions.
- Be able to take responsibility of the work of others.
- Act as Project Manager on small scale projects, ensuring programme and scope are achieved.
- Be able to identify any additional resourcing requirements for projects.
- Ensure compliance with OTB QA/EMS system
- Manage internal OTB team to meet the project objectives.
- Support the Directors in managing the client interface.
- Start to develop client relationships.
- Ensure the project budget has been adhered to.
- Be able to identify commercial changes in projects.
- To be able to price and scope small to medium elements of design works.
- Assist with Internal budgets planning and performance reporting.
- Ensure that the financials for your tasks on projects on the company’s system (Union Square) are correct (WIP, costs, invoices).
- Provide basic financial reporting to the OTB Directors on their projects as required.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure that all appropriate design risks are recorded, and residual risks are communicated on drawings for each project.
- Ensure hazards are reduced to ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practicable)
- Ensure all relevant health and safety legislation are adhered to.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com