- Salary: €60,000 - €80,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterLimerick
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Philip Maloney
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 2666097
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, an established Civil Contractor based out of Co. Cork are currently seeking a Civil Project Manager for contracts based in the region. The role requires the successful candidate to manage projects from tender stage until final account completion ensuring the project is completed to our high standards of safety and quality within budget and on programme. The project manager will be responsible for all contractual, financial, commercial and technical aspects of the projects and will report directly to the Contracts Manager.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsibility for day to day running of contracts including but not limited to:
- Procurement of materials within budget and as required to achieve milestone.
- Appointment, Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors and monitor the performance works carried out ensuring delivery of high quality works in a safe manner.
- Management & co-ordination of all Roadform Ltd works on site.
- Liaise with Client Representatives and attend meetings on behalf of the company.
- Implementation of and regular monitoring of contract programmes.
- Development of and adherence to two weekly look ahead programmes for site operations.
- Commercial control of day to day operations on site.
- Liaising with Estimator to prepare valuations, highlight any unforeseen costs onsite during construction and also to inform of any additional works which may arise.
- Review latest issue construction drawings and documents for discrepancies and errors.
- Review, input and implement temporary works designs.
- Resolving technical problems at all levels & raise RFIs and Queries with designer/client as required.
- Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
- Carry out quality inspections in accordance with company management systems & project requirements in a timely manner and keep records of same.
- Implement best practice and company policy in health, safety, environmental and quality matters in conjunction with the HSEQ department.
- Ensure only competent personnel are used to carry out works on the project.
- Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
- Implementation and supervision of Traffic Management Plans on live carriageways.
Qualifications / Training:
- SOLAS Safe Pass
- Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management
- Managing Safely In Construction/SMSTS – 5day course
- Signing Lighting and Guarding at Roadworks
- Temporary Works Coordination
- Registered / Member of a professional body – desirable
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Irish/UK experience preferable
- Experience with pipelines, RC work and temporary works an advantage
- Proactive, problem solving attitude
- Developing risk assessments, method statements, inspection & test plans
- Excellent IT skills and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite including Microsoft Project and AutoCad
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organisation skills
To apply please send your CV to Philip.email@example.com