- Salary: €65,000 - €75,000
- Location: IrelandGalwayConnacht
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to recent investment, Our Client have an opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join their Team in Galway. The successful candidate will have overall ownership of Civil, Mechanical & Electrical Design on the Company’s Water Utilities Infrastructure Projects.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Overall responsibility for the design requirements of projects, ensuring resources are assigned and the project runs efficiently.
- Overall management of the civil/structural design team
- Management of Civil & Structural designs by consultants in tandem with the in-house civil and electrical design team
- Ensuring civil design elements for projects are in line with current regulations and design standards
- Assign and coordinate work to Engineers and ensure work provided is on track for completion in line with project milestones.
- Production and review of drawings and calculations as necessary
- Project Engineering; liaising with project managers regarding costing, planning and delivery of MEICA Engineering
- Client interfacing
- Assistance with procurement specifications
- Assistance with Tendering
- Ensure compliance with Quality controls and procedures
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are undertaken in accordance with the company’s health & safety policies & procedures
- Travel from time to time to meet clients on sites throughout Europe
- Experience with utility design submissions and responding to design logs
- 3-5 years experience with Utility/Contractor/Consultant in a design role or design management role
- Civils/Mechanical/ Electrical/ MEICA design management experience is desirable
- International exposure desirable
- People management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong commercial acumen
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of initiative
- High level of computer literacy with working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit. BIM familiarity is also advantageous.
To apply please send your CV to Dermot.Doherty@sonastechnical.com