- Salary: €80,000 - €95,000
- Location: GalwayIrelandConnacht
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client are a fast growing contractor in the Water Industry. They are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager for their base in Galway The successful candidate will provide engineering solutions for their municipal and Industrial water projects
- Developing detailed Electrical Engineering plans for new projects
- Developing project budgets
- Management of a team of Electrical Engineers
- Bid preparation
- Specification and procurement of major items of electrical plant
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop engineering strategies and solutions to drive growth, innovation and competitiveness whilst achieving output, quality and cost targets.
- Define and deliver agreed KPI’s & SLA’s aligned to the company’s strategic objectives and requirements. Monitor and report on performance against targets.
- Give clear direction to the teams on project requirements, deliverables and plans, setting clear goals and objectives, ensuring all engineering and project targets are being met.
- Implement and embed project management processes and structures to drive a culture of excellence through role modelling and action.
- Manage the relationships with customers, suppliers & subcontractors enabling collaboration and partnership.
- Plan resources effectively to ensure material, equipment and human resources are in place and utilized effectively over the duration of a project, whilst at all times staying on schedule and within budget.
- Assess and manage financial and operational risks for all operational elements and projects, proactively driving resolution of issues and risk reduction.
- Promote and engage new ways of working, driving continuous improvement and performance of the business.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team assisting in problem solving, assessing resource requirements, streamlining processes, whilst driving accountability and results.
- Motivating the team to achieve organisational goals.
- Build and maintain a strong and collaborative team of individuals working toward the same goal
- Secondary design including preparation of control schematics
- Protection coordination studies
- Lightning protection, protective shielding, earthing design
- HV cable rating calculation and system design including losses calculations, load flow studies, short circuit studies
- Engineering from initial Feasibility stage through to project completion
- The role is a senior position, and as such responsibilities will include the management, mentoring and development of more junior staff and the development of processes and systems within the Engineering department.
- A primary degree in Electrical Engineering is not a pre-requisite but is desirable.
- 8 to 10 years similar experience is desirable.
- Previous experience within the Wastewater sector would be advantageous
- Experience with people management or leading a team.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills, and familiarity with Auto-CAD, ePlan, Power Factor or similar is preferred.
- career development
- learning and development opportunities
- further education
- opportunities to travel
- pension contributions
- bike to work scheme#
To apply please email your CV to Dermot.email@example.com