- Salary: €80,000 - €95,000
- Location: IrelandCorkMunster
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client are a fast growing contractor in the Renewable Energy Industry. They are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager for their base in Cork. The successful candidate will provide engineering solutions for all aspects of grid connections and customer side installations, from conception through detailed design to construction, energisation and handover.
The role includes directly undertaking and/or managing sub-consultants performing the following:
- Preparing primary substation design layouts
- Busbar system calculations, thermal & mechanical loading
- Secondary design including preparation of control & protection schematics
- Auxiliary AC & DC system sizing and specification
- Protection coordination studies
- Lightning protection, protective shielding, earthing design
- HV cable rating calculation and system design including losses calculations, load flow studies, short circuit studies
- Engineering from initial Feasibility stage through to project completion
- Application for connections to TSO/DSO
- Witness of factory & site acceptance testing
- Interface engineering with TSO/DSO
- Bid preparation
- Specification and procurement of major items of electrical plant
The role is a senior position, and as such responsibilities will include the management, mentoring and development of more junior staff and the development of processes and systems within the Engineering department.
- A primary degree in Electrical Engineering is not a pre-requisite but is desirable.
- 8 to 10 years similar experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with MV/HV design, HV substation and underground cable design is desirable.
- Experience in people management or leading a team.
- Previous experience with grid connections / renewable energy / airfield works is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills, and familiarity with Auto-CAD, ePlan, Power Factor or similar is preferred.
- career development
- learning and development opportunities
- further education
- opportunities to travel
- pension contributions
- bike to work scheme#
To apply please email your CV to Dermot.email@example.com