- Salary: €35,000 - €50,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Dylan Tracey
- Mobile: +353851869697
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are currently on the lookout to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to join a close client of ours in the Dublin area. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Irelands’ leading gas suppliers.
The successful candidate’s primary role is to support the implementation and management of our client’s QHSE Strategy across the business and to drive QHSE improvement initiatives as identified under the management system.
- Reporting to the QHSE Manager and assisting with the effective development, management and implementation of the business Safety Strategy
- Assist/ support managers to undertake Work Instruction/Risk assessments(WIRA), review WI/RA and RAMS
- Carry out audits in line with ISO requirements mainly Quality (9001), Environmental (14001) and Health and Safety (45001). Identify corrective and preventative actions and complete audit reports and recommendations
- Supporting on Process safety to ensure Terminals, Filling Plants and Depots provide a safe work environment and plant and equipment are maintained safely
- Assist with the updating and management of the relevant QHSE documentation for the business to demonstrate ongoing compliance to sector regulators and auditors
- Develop and deliver safety training programs mainly relating to, manual handling, work at heights, working safely with hazardous substances etc
- Support the implementation of Environmental and sustainability policies ensuring environmental aspects and impacts are identified and managed
- Conduct incident investigations and support managers in investigations into near misses, health and safety observations and accidents. Ensure through the incident investigation process that a root causes analysis has been completed, lessons learnt are communicated and implementing improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Actively engage in the management of contractors for compliance with Calor EHS requirements.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a similar role and within a similar industry (is an advantage)
- Hold as a minimum a Health & Safety/Process Safety related degree and NEBOSH Diploma (or other recognised HS qualification)
- Extensive knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation (ROI and NI) and its implementation in the workplace.
- Experience of carrying out inspections and audits to ISO certified integrated management systems (accredited ISO Auditor qualification would be a distinct advantage)
- Excellent communication skills are essential and the ability to encourage and improve safety behaviors with all levels of staff, contractors and customers
- Have a proven track record in achieving QHSE results and driving safety improvements and changing safety behaviours
- Must be a Team player and actively engaged in sharing, promoting teamwork within an open and trusting culture
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- The candidate must be willing to travel within Ireland as part of this role
Salary: €45,000 – €50,000
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org