- Salary: €40,000 - €60,000
- Location: IrelandUlsterDonegal
- Sector: Civils & Utilities
- Contact: Philip Maloney
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 2666097
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, an established civil engineering contractor are currently seeking a Quantity surveyor to join there team in Donegal for upcoming projects. The successful candidate should have previous experience working on civil engineering projects. This is an excellent opportunity offering a competitive package & offers career advancement.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
The successful candidate will hold relevant qualifications and his/her duties/responsibilities will include but are not limited to :
- Advising on contractual matters – general and project level.
- Identify contract opportunities for entitlement
- Prepare subcontract and suppliers documents.
- Timely drafting commercial/contractual correspondence and support with project correspondence.
- Support the Contracts Managers by negotiating and agreeing works with subcontractors and ensuring final accounts are closed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly valuations, cost reports, variations and submit final accounts in a timely manner.
- Ensure risk registers, variation trackers and extension of time tracker sheets are reviewed and updated monthly and included within monthly reports.
- Assisting with Tender Submissions included but not limited to:
- Take Off’s/ Compile BOQ from drawings
- Assessing Drawings, BOQ & Work Requirements at Tender Stage
- Identifying issues within the tender documents.
- Identify and investigate losses.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
- Job Specification Professional qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent (Level 8)
- Experience in a quantity surveyor role on civil engineering projects
- Strong Civils experience, across the full range, earthworks and structures, steel structures
- Strong understanding of all forms of construction contracts both private and public including; GCC Public Works contracts (Minor Works & Works Designed by the Employer), NEC Suite of Contracts and Subcontracts.
- Strong understanding of cost reporting, variations, various methods of measurement and monthly applications.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in English (both verbal and written) communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, (both verbal and written) communication skills
To apply please send your CV to Philip.email@example.com