- Salary: 40,000 - 50,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: email@example.com
We are recruiting a Civil Design Engineer, on behalf of our client a large Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy headquartered in Galway. This new requirement for a Civil Design Engineer is due to the continued growth and expansion of their Roads & Transportation team in their Blanchardstown Office.
The position of Design (Civil) Engineer will require candidates to hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering (a Level 9 Masters Degree would be an advantage) with a range of 2- 3 years’ experience preferably in the area of civil engineering, roads and transportation design and the subsequent contract administration of the associated construction stages.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Zero Cost
- Experts in Multidisciplinary Engineering Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
Civil Design Engineer – Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiling tender documents.
- Developing and assessing preliminary designs and reports utilizing various computer applications, followed by the creation of detailed design drawings and specifications. Proficiency in AutoCad 2D and 3D is a fundamental requirement.
- Generating Preliminary and Contract Drawings using software like AutoCAD 2D/3D, Site 3D, MX Roads, and ArcGIS.
- Coordinating with Clients and Regulatory Agencies and facilitating communication.
- Procuring Site Investigation, Civil Engineering Works, and Roads Contracts, including the formulation of pricing schedules and Bills of Quantities.
- Managing construction contracts to ensure adherence to design specifications, project schedules, and budgets.
Civil Design Engineer – Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, teamwork, and leadership qualities.
- Familiarity with software packages like MicroDrainage or similar drainage design software is advantageous.
- Knowledge of construction contracts such as GCCC Forms of Contract is beneficial.
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org