- Salary: €50,000 - €55,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterOffaly
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Hugh Dooley
- Mobile: +353851396375
- Email: Hugh.Dooley@sonastechnical.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for a Civil Engineer to join their team in for Civils Projects. The client in question are an established civil engineering contractor and have completed a range of large scale civils projects in the past. The successful candidate will be working on a Water Project. The role will be a mix of site and office work, whereby the candidate will be needed in office at Citywest, Dublin & on site in Mullingar, Westmeath. They are looking for an individual with relevant Civil/Mechanical contractor experience. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Provide correct and accurate setting out methods and techniques are implemented.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Complete Quality checks in line with company and project procedures.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Support assistant, graduate and/or junior engineers.
- Assist with temporary works design schemes.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and noncompliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Give insight into the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Help the team with written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Make sure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Ensure effective & appropriate communication with the commercial team regarding all issues with a contractual/commercial implication
- Civil/ Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 3+ years, proven experience in water civil engineering projects .
- Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Proven experience/training with all the latest surveying/CAD techniques.
- Ability to use setting out equipment including total station and reading of drawings and specification documents.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project.
- Knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- 28 days leave
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed