- Salary: €50,000 - €60,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Hugh Dooley
- Mobile: +353851396375
- Email: Hugh.Dooley@sonastechnical.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for a Civil Project Engineer in Dublin. The client in question are industry leaders in Mission Critical facilities, Renewable Developers, Transmission and Distribution Utilities. The successful candidate will be initially working on a Project in Dublin. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Assist with temporary works design schemes
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- 3 + years, proven experience in site based large civil engineering/utilities projects.
- Setting Out Experience essential
- HV/DC experience preferable
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large-scale construction project.
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost