- Salary: 55,000 - 65,000
- Location: LeinsterIrelandDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: email@example.com
We are partnered with our client, recruiting a Civil Structural Design Engineer, to join their inhouse design team. Our client is headquartered in Limerick, with offices all over the world. They are a leading global Provider of Specialist Design, Engineering and Construction Services across a variety of key sectors including Data Centres, Renewables and Transmission and Distribution Utilities.
Why apply with Sonas?
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
Civil Structural Design Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Lead the Civil and Structural Design components of projects using industry-standard software, while coordinating design activities with the in-house electrical design and construction/project management teams.
- Ensure that civil and structural design elements for projects adhere to client specifications, current industry standards, and codes of practice.
- Engage in Project Engineering by collaborating with project managers and quantity surveyors on cost estimation, planning, and the delivery of Civil & Structural elements.
- Guarantee that all engineering deliverables are executed in accordance with the company’s design management procedures.
- Provide guidance to junior engineers, ensuring they maintain up-to-date Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Establish connections with local authorities, municipalities, and utilities to align designs with planning requirements and secure approvals.
- Manage utility design submissions and respond to design logs.
- Oversee and respond to technical submissions from subcontractors.
- Interact with clients, including occasional site visits to projects within the company’s international portfolio as needed.
Civil Structural Design Engineer – Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a preference for verbal communication and management.
- Proficiency in interpreting sections, elevations, and plan drawings of various structures, such as masonry, steel, and concrete buildings, drainage, and roadworks. Proficient in English and capable of writing technical reports.
- Civil/Structural design experience with knowledge across a broad range of civil engineering fields (e.g., SuDS/drainage, roads/transport, concrete, steel, masonry, geotechnics, utilities, etc.) would be advantageous, though expertise in all areas is not required.
- Possess critical thinking skills and an aptitude for innovative design and value engineering.
- Desirable experience in temporary works design.
- Collaborative team player with a high level of initiative.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including software like Robot, Civil 3D, Advanced Steel, AutoCad, Autotrack, Revit, or their equivalents.
- Familiarity with Building Information Modeling (BIM) is also advantageous.
- Previous experience working within multidisciplinary project teams to deliver industrial and commercial projects.
- Experience in interacting with international clients.
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org