- Salary: €45,000 - €55,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterWexford
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is seeking a Clerk of Works to join their Capital & Estates Department team in Wexford on an initial 6-month contract.
The purpose of the role is to oversee and formally report on works as required by the client, and to ensure that works are completed in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant
building regulations and standards as well as HBN/HTM guidelines.
- Provide observation and day to day supervision of Capital Works & Minor Capital Works. This shall include formal weekly written reports associated with the works, clearly and concisely documenting all relevant aspects of the works.
- Implement Permit-to-Work procedure and co-ordinate with hospital staff the management of interfacing, shutdowns, connections and commissioning of services and building works under the contract.
- Assist in the correct interpretation and implementation of all documents/drawings, specification and other contract documents.
- Assist in inspecting workmanship, service installations and materials generally and where possible to identify and diligently record unacceptable work as soon as possible and inform the Buildings & Maintenance Manager or other designated person accordingly.
- Assist designated Estates personnel or Consulting Engineers in site surveys/ inspections.
- Supervise and liaise with all trade staff, General Operatives and associated trades engaged in the maintenance, repair and alteration of services including external contractors.
- Supervise and control external/ internal contractors i.e. mechanical, electrical and civil engaged in works, particularly in relation to extensions and alterations of existing buildings and services as well as new build projects.
- Identify and maintain an up to date schedule of remedial items for all projects.
- To attend weekly Method Statement meetings to co-ordinate and review all ongoing works on-site and discuss relevant issues.
- Take part in any training as may be required as part of day to day projects, e.g. Asbestos removal, Medical Gases, M.V. Switching.
- To work with Infection Control in the issuing of permits to internal staff and contractors alike.
- Technological certificate, professional diploma, or RICS affiliation.
- 5 years’ experience in complex building construction and maintenance.
- Strong IT skills.
- Possess a valid Safe Pass Certificate.