- Salary: €110,000 - €115,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client, a Multi-National Contractor, is seeking a Commercial Manager to join their team in Dublin. The successful candidate will work across large-scale public work projects.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for overseeing the projects commercial functions.
This includes leading the project commercial team, manage budgets, cash flow and liaise with partners supply chain and clients.
Why apply with Sonas?
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Regularly brief the Commercial Director and the Project Director on contractual and commercial issues
- Formulate and execute revenue-driven commercial strategies with a keen eye on cost reduction to foster growth.
- Coordinate communication channels between the Director, internal engineering, legal, and finance departments.
- Establish financial targets, contribute to budget development, and monitor performance through key metrics.
- Contribute commercial insights to procurement strategies and evaluations in the construction domain.
- Offer support for seamless handovers by providing commercial guidance in contract management.
- Assist in drafting and supporting project correspondence.
- Review and update risk registers, variation trackers, and extension of time tracker sheets on a monthly basis, incorporating them into monthly reports.
- Aid in project initiation and setup processes.
- Provide guidance on contractual matters and approaches with clients, striving to maintain a low match score.
- Identify contract grounds for claims and determine optimal claim strategies.
- Review and analyze notices and contractual correspondence.
- Prepare and review upstream Claims and assess downstream implications.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of Project Agreement and Subcontract Contracts conditions.
- Oversee Subcontract Contracts, including scopes of work, terms, and conditions, and lead negotiations.
- Manage Collateral Warranties, Guarantees, retentions, and performance Bonds responsibly.
- Relevant industry experience; 10-12 years in a comparable position
- Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering or relevant business degree
- Ability to spot opportunities to generate growth
- Experience in leading a cross functional team of professionals
- Ability to bring project from inception to close
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Effective and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Proven ability to form, lead and motivate QS teams
- Organized with attention to detail
- Self-motivation & dynamism.
- Must be Chartered (RICS or SCSI) and experience working as Commercial Manager Role in Public Works Contracts and PPP schemes.
- Good negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Good presentation and Communication skills
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org