- Salary: £85,000 - £100,000
- Location: UKLondon & SE
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: email@example.com
We are working on behalf of our client recruiting a Commercial Manager to join their growing water and wastewater business in the UK, headquartered in Greenwich, London.
As the Commercial Lead you will work with the Framework Manager on all commercial matters relating the Framework agreements and contracts, you will be responsible for supporting other Quantity Surveys in administering the contracts for allocated projects under their remit including review and approving subcontract packages .
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
With strategies in place to deliver their current backlog to an exceptional standard and further grow the business in the UK, this is an important role in the business. The company has continued on its growth strategy within the UK Water Sector and now secured projects and long-term framework agreements with key Water Companies including Yorkshire Water, Affinity Water and Thames Water.
It is an exciting time to join our client as they continue on their growth strategy within the UK as they continue to develop and deliver projects through their UK Frameworks.
Our client believes that people are the core of the business. They know that to build successful creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. They provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
- Represent the company on commercial matters relating to Framework / Project assigned to you
- Support the Framework Manger on commercial matters in administering the Framework Contract.
- Commercial review and reporting of the Framework projects
- Maintain good working relationship with the client
- Ensure the companies interests are protected under the contract
- Support the Framework Manager, ensuring the commercial obligations under the contract agreements are administered in accordance with the contract.
- Support project Quantity Surveys in reviewing subcontract documents
- Ensure client and company KPI’s are monitored and maintained
- Attend and support subcontractor commercial meetings
- Assist in the cost build up and forecasting for projects
- Ensure monthly applications for Payment are submitted in accordance with the contract agreement.
- Review monthly cost schedules and ensure that change control is maintained.
- Commercial peer review for tenders and pricing schedules
- Preparation of final accounting at the end of the projects
- Support others within the project on commercial and contract matters as required
- Review monthly reporting of cash flow
- Industry applicable Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- 5 years demonstratable experience in a lead commercial role working on medium to large projects within the water industry
- Demonstratable experience of supporting others across multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate budgetary control
- Management of Contracts through NEC suite of documentation
The following are the key personal attributes and values we are looking for;
- An organiser who can coordinate on multiple fronts
- Structured thinker
- Commercial & Contractual Awareness
- Knowledge of NEC 4 form of Contracts.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a “can do” attitude who can provide support to other members of the team as required
What’s on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to Develop & Progress.
- Opportunity to join an ambitions company at the early stages of their growth phase in the UK market.
- Role based in London.
- Permanent role Preferred.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed