- Salary: €85,000 - €100,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterCarlow
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonas Technical are currently aiding our client in recruiting of a Contracts Manager for their team in the South-East. The ideal candidate will assume responsibility for overseeing subcontractors, managing programs, identifying risks, and ensuring project delivery. Previous experience as a Project Manager or Contracts Manager in the construction sector, especially structural steel, would be advantageous. This is a permanent role, and the candidate should possess a strong character capable of taking charge of the proposed work. The position is based in their South-East office.
- Supervise and manage site foremen, steel erectors, and other subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor selection and on-site progress.
- Strictly adhere to the highest standards of Quality, Health & Safety.
- Keep Management updated on site progress and commercial issues.
- Proactively assess, review, and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for variations and additions on a monthly basis, in line with the contract.
- Assist in preparing project final accounts.
- Actively participate in site project meetings, ensuring all commercial matters are discussed and problems are investigated and resolved.
- Oversee a minimum of 2/3 projects concurrently.
- 5 years+ site experience working with structural steel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
- Driven and dynamic approach with a focus on long-term career development.
- Knowledge of construction software such as StrucCad, Strumis, AutoCAD, or Tekla is advantageous.
- Previous Contracts Management experience, preferably for a steelwork fabricator and erector.
- Experience in a variety of contracts, particularly high-rise projects in the industrial and commercial sector.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality, and budget constraints.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience in the technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection.
- A conscientious and self-disciplined approach.
- Competent working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and excellent Excel skills.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Construction recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email email email@example.com