- Salary: €60,000 - €65,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterLimerick
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: email@example.com
Our client are on the lookout for an M&E Estimator who will be responsible for the management of the overall estimating and bidding function including all facets such as estimating, contractual matters, planning & programming, HSEQ and technical writing. This also entails the planning and allocation of work to all personnel involved in the preparation of bids.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Will ensure that accurate project proposals, programmes & budgets are developed in an efficient, timely manner and in accordance with the approved business strategy.
- Following the submission bids to attend meetings, negotiate and record all changes to the tender price required.
- Develops and manages structure and organisation within the estimating team.
- Liaises on resources and business processes, to ensure that the Estimating resource pool is an
- appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill-sets, for the projected workload.
- Ensures that appropriate Senior Estimators, Estimators, Planning Engineers & Engineers are appointed to individual projects based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that discipline specific outputs are produced consistently and to appropriate standards.
- Ensures that the Estimating team is accountable for its performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Arranges and chairs estimating meetings.
- Reviews, challenges and approves project estimates at the appropriate level; giving due consideration to level of design and available information, risks, planning, support services, HSEQ and 3rd parties.
- Works with the site commercial teams to ensure estimating budgets & programmes are reflective of actual delivery experience.
- Works with the Client and relevant individuals to process and establish tender enquires and tender submissions.
- Represents the estimating team at management meetings and interfaces with other departments / teams.
- Promotes interaction with the appropriate functional leader for to facilitate successful development of solutions to problems and estimates.
- Ensures that the Estimating team proactively manages knowledge to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Upkeeps resource databases in estimating software packages (such as CANDY, Excel, Causeway, CCS, etc.) with latest available resource cost information.
- Ensures effective feedback / comparison of estimates and actual costs with commercial managers at the appropriate levels.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organise construction plans and specifications
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while exercising great judgment
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritise and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed