- Salary: €35,000-€48,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterLaois
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Aimee Burke
- Mobile: +353852654282
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading global Provider of Specialist Design, Engineering and Construction Services across a variety of key sectors including Data Centres, Renewables and Transmission and Distribution Utilities is seeking a Health and Safety Executive for a site in Portlaoise.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Company’s EHS Management System on the project.
- Promote a positive H&S culture on-site with Site Management, Contractors, and workers.
- Monitor EHS compliance on-site and generate weekly inspections & reports.
- Develop, maintain and foster collaborative relationships with the wider project team.
- Influence and coach site team in the implementation of best practice EHS standards.
- Establishes and maintains the documents and data control system.
- Manage and support the internal EH&S audit plans and coordinates internal and external audits.
- Initiates follow-up audit activities to verify audits and record the implementation and effectiveness of the corrective and preventive actions taken.
- Reports the final result of the internal and external audits to the EH&S Manager.
- Verifies the HSE system manual and procedures.
- Ensure HSE Management system has been fully implemented.
- Supervise and monitor the employees and sub-contractors working on site to ensure their adherence to the EH&S Manual, EH&S Induction Handbook and the waste management procedures.
- Represent the organization on the project site for any EH&S related matters.
- Have the authority to STOP immediately any work, activity on the project and instruct and assist the management and any subcontractors in taking urgent action to make the site safe and to prevent unsafe working practices.
- Carry out EH&S site inspections in association with site staff to ensure compliance to the EH&S management system, legal and other requirements and customer’s HSE related contractual requirements.
- Conduct incident investigations to determine the root causes and recommend means of preventing recurrence in consultation with Management.
- Record and analyses information on first aid cases, near misses, injuries, damages and losses and review the overall HSE performance during project execution.
- Conduct the HSE induction training for employees and subcontractor staff on-site.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Recognised EHS Degree
- Understanding of ISO Management Procedures & Implementation.
- NEBOSH qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous Construction experience is preferred (Pharma, Datacentre, Hi-Tech)
- Ability to prioritise work requirements and handling multiple tasks
- IT Skills – MS Office packages and database experience
- Must work well within a team and be able to collaborate with others
For more information or to apply directly please email email@example.com