- Salary: 50,000-60,000
- Location: IrelandCorkMunster
- Sector: Construction & CivilsPharma & Life Sciences
- Contact: Aimee Burke
- Mobile: +353852654282
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, a prestigious Main Contractor are seeking a Senior Health & Safety Advisor for a large scale Food & Beverage project based in Cork. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing and mitigating risks, implementing safety measures, and promoting a safe working environment.
- Site Safety:
- Conduct regular site inspections and audits to identify safety hazards and potential risks.
- Develop and enforce safety policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with local and national regulations.
- Risk Assessment:
- Analyze construction activities to identify potential hazards and assess risks.
- Develop risk assessment reports and implement strategies to minimize or eliminate risks.
- Training and Education:
- Provide safety training and orientation for all personnel, including workers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Ensure that workers are informed about safety protocols and best practices.
- Incident Management:
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses on construction sites.
- Prepare incident reports, document findings, and recommend corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Emergency Preparedness:
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans for construction sites.
- Conduct drills and simulations to ensure that workers are prepared for emergency situations.
- Safety Compliance:
- Stay current with relevant health and safety regulations and industry best practices.
- Ensure that the construction site complies with all applicable laws and standards.
- Safety Equipment and Gear:
- Ensure the availability and proper use of safety equipment, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) and fall protection devices.
- Oversee the maintenance and inspection of safety gear.
- Promote a culture of safety by conducting safety meetings and toolbox talks.
- Provide safety reports and updates to project managers and site supervisors.
- Record Keeping:
- Maintain comprehensive records of safety inspections, incidents, training, and safety-related documentation.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify areas for improvement and work on enhancing safety procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with project teams to implement safety improvements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, environmental science, or a related field.
- Relevant certification in health and safety, such as NEBOSH or OSHA.
- 6+ years experience with a focus on Food & Bev/pharma/data centre sites.
- In-depth knowledge of construction safety regulations and industry standards.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and engage all levels of personnel in safety initiatives.
- Proficiency in using safety management software and tools.
- High attention to detail and a commitment to a safety-first mindset.
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org