- Salary: €50,000 - €70,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & CivilsAdvanced Manufacturing
- Contact: Karen Lucas
- Mobile: +353851633316
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are currently on the lookout for an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manger to join one of the world’s leading building materials company. The successful candidate will be based in Dublin.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Plant Manager and be responsible for providing safety advice while proactively implementing initiatives across the site in line with current legislation. You will be expected to take a lead role in problem solving, supporting, and coaching using recognised lean initiatives such as RCA, 5 Why’s and 8D and you will work closely with Production & Engineering.
- Apply and develop new practices to ensure they follow legislation while also ‘owning’ current HSE procedures and policies.
- Advise on all current and future HSE legislation and proactively communicate and improve the safety across site.
- Participate in all Customer and Supplier HSE audits.
- Ensure that the company develop and are fully compliant with all ISO 45001 and ISO14001 requirements by managing regular internal audits.
- Understand and support the Manufacturing and Electrical teams requirements in relation to HSE matters, supporting and influencing all manufacturing KPI’s.
- Conduct new risk assessments on products and processes.
- Investigate fully all accidents and incidents, reporting injuries to relevant parties, and advise on improvements to reduce similar incidents.
- Advise on all aspects of HSE i.e.. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational health (not limited to these).
- Manage the permit to work system.
- Lead HSE meetings on a regular basis and ensuring feedback is given to Plant manger in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure all products and services are delivered in-line with necessary safety systems by liaising with suppliers and customers.
- work with regulatory bodies to ensure ongoing legal compliance.
- Assess ongoing training requirements and arrange training/support when necessary.
- Manage and embed preventative corrective actions in response to any H&S incidents and customer complaints.
- NEBOSH General Certificate qualified or a HSE related degree.
- NEBOSH Environmental is desired but not essential.
- Persistent attitude and the ability to succeed in a challenging and fast-past working environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively.
- Must have a strong knowledge of key HSE legislation and how they are applied in practical terms.
- Experience working with compliance management systems.
- A professional approach while having the ability to work on your own initiative and adapt in a changing environment.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Demonstrate dead with the ability to drive actions through data and KPI’s.
- Self-motivated and passionate about all aspects of the HSE.
- Result orientated individual.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed or apply directly on Indeed