- Salary: €35,000 - €45,000
- Location: IrelandGalwayConnacht
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client are seeking a junior environmental scientist or engineer with an active interest in the world of innovation. Your role will focus on the water and wastewater industry’s challenges, emerging markets, as well as horizon scanning, technology scouting, and engagement with academia, utilities and regulators to drive innovation in the sector.
You will work closely with, and report to, the Innovation Manager. As Innovation Officer, you will support the day-to-day activities of the company’s Innovation Department. You will liaise with staff at company wide level to ensure that innovation accomplishments are captured, recorded in the form of case studies and disseminated.
• Manage the distribution of water quality analytical instruments. Duties will consist of sales,
stock control, accrual accounting and handling of inbound shipments and outbound
• Conduct continuous horizon scanning of emerging markets and related technology scouting.
• Promote and track spontaneous in-house innovation.
• Maintain MS Teams channels and other knowledge sharing dissemination tools.
• Interact in industry engagement activities.
• Assist in the management of the in-house Innovation Working Group.
• Generate reports on analysis of technologies.
• Liaise with supply chain partners.
• Occasional international travel as required.
• Other duties as required.
• Minimum of NFQ Level 7 (level 8 preferable) qualification in a relevant environmental science
or engineering discipline
• Full driving licence essential
• Knowledge of EU and Irish legislation pertinent to water and the environment is desirable
• Strong literature review analytical skills essential
• Excellent report-writing capabilities
• Effective verbal communication
• Initiative and problem-solving autonomy
• Interpersonal behaviour appropriate to a corporate environment
• Good attitude and willingness to assist and advise others
• Ability to accept constructive feedback and embrace suggestions
To apply please send your CV to Dermot.email@example.com or apply directly through Indeed