- Salary: €30,000 - €40,000
- Location: LeinsterIrelandDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jake Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852666097
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are currently looking to recruit a Junior Health & Safety Officer to join a close client of ours are a leading international Civil & construction specialist with expertise across all sectors, including Pharma, Industrial, Data Center, Educational and many others.
The successful candidate will work closely with the EHS Manager/Site Project Manager to insure all Health & Safety standards set out by the company are met.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Reporting to the EHS Manager and assisting with the effective development, management and implementation of the business Safety Strategy.
- Work in conjunction with our clients to ensure that the Project is compliant with Health & Safety regulations.
- Liaise with supervisor/foreman regarding preparation and development of Method Statements Risk Assessments.
- Conduct H&S audits and Accident/Incident investigations as required and implement corrective and preventative measures.
- Advise Project Management on site EHS ‘best practice’.
- Plan and deliver training, including ‘Toolbox Talks’ as appropriate.
- Actively promote company H&S policies and procedures.
- Support the H&S department and other H&S Officers as required.
- Develop and deliver safety training programs mainly relating to, manual handling, work at heights, working safely with hazardous substances etc
- Conduct incident investigations and support managers in investigations into near misses, health and safety observations and accidents. Ensure through the incident investigation process that a root causes analysis has been completed, lessons learnt are communicated and implementing improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- 1 – 2 years experience in a Health & Safety role is desirable.
- Must have a recognised qualification in Health and Safety.
- Experience on large building construction projects is a distinctive advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Health & Safety legislation (ROI and NI) and its implementation in the workplace.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent IT skills – MS Word, Excel.
- Must be a Team player and actively engaged in sharing, promoting teamwork within an open and trusting culture.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Our client offers an attractive remuneration package.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed or apply directly on Indeed