- Salary: €40,000 - €60,000 DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKilkenny
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, a leading Civils Contractor, is currently on the lookout for a Junior Project Manager to join the team in Kilkenny. The company in question are well-established main contractor in Ireland and work across a wide range of utilities projects. They have multiple exciting projects commencing across the country with several located in Kilkenny and the South East. They are looking for an individual with relevant Water and Utilities experience. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression with a leading main contractor.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Assist with temporary works design schemes
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Assist project PM in management of projects
- 1-3 years+, proven experience in site based large civil engineering/utilities projects.
- Setting Out Experience with GPS/Total station essential
- Knowledge and understanding of Civil engineering works and construction methods
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civil and Utilities Contractor recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org