- Salary: €40,000 - €60,000
- Location: IrelandUlsterTyrone
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, a leading Construction and Civils contractor are seeking a Junior Quantity Surveyor for civil infrastructure projects across the Tyrone and Northern Ireland. The company in question are one of the fastest growing Civil & Construction contractors in Ireland with a large volume of projects across the Northern Irish region.
This is an excellent opportunity for a experienced and driven individual to join a large contractor where they can progress their career. You will be based full-time in the Tyrone office but will require occasional travel to U.K offices. The ideal candidate should have previous utility and water infrastructure experience. This is a full-time permanent position.
Are you ready to kickstart your career in Quantity Surveying? As a Junior Quantity Surveyor, you’ll be an essential part of the team, working on exciting construction projects. Your role will include managing subcontractor appointments, preparing tenders, and assisting with cost estimates and quotations. You’ll gain valuable experience in value engineering proposals, financial reporting, and client coordination.
- Support the subcontractor appointment process, contributing to efficient selection and engagement.
- Assist in the preparation of tenders, cost estimates, and quotations, meeting client deadlines.
- Collaborate on value engineering proposals to align projects with client budgetary requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly cost, value, and reconciliation reports for assigned projects.
- Assist in managing financial recovery in line with agreed terms and conditions.
- Work closely with clients, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure project information, costs, profitability, and value align with project objectives and final accounts.
- Learn to manage subcontractor accounts in adherence to their terms and conditions, meeting project demands and timelines.
- Participate in site visits to assess completed work, ensuring quality standards and cost management.
- Flexibility to undertake other duties as required to support the team.
- Develop the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet set deadlines.
- Cultivate strong interpersonal and communication skills, fostering positive internal and external working relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A third-level degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related construction discipline.
- Eagerness to learn and a strong desire to gain practical experience in Quantity Surveying.
- Basic understanding of estimation principles and an interest in negotiation for confirming, agreeing, and pricing variations.
- Willingness to develop knowledge of construction contracts, including NEC3/NEC4.
- Possession of a full clean driving license.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Construction & Civils recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com