- Salary: €40,000 - €45,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterKerry
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Dermot Doherty
- Mobile: +353852259912
- Email: email@example.com
Due to continued expansion, Our Client are currently recruiting for an office based Mechanical Engineer to be based in Castleisland, Co. Kerry. This is a full time and permanent position and is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a well-established company working in the water industry.
- Provide support to the Project Manager.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain quotations ensuring full specification compliance.
- Prepare technical submissions and reports for Client approval.
- Generate contract programmes of work.
- Monitor and update the progress of projects against the Contract Programme.
- Schedule resources and contractors to ensure the delivery schedule is met.
- Prepare Method Statements and Risk Assessments for upcoming works.
- Implement the Project Quality Control procedures.
- Financial tracking of projects and reporting.
- Site liaison and with cub-contractors and Client Project & Resident Engineers.
- Site surveys and generation of works packages.
- Maintain and update the Site Safety Files ensuring full compliance with current HSA regulations.
- Attend site for safety audits, project supervision
- Update drawings for construction with vendor packages.
- Document control for all aspects of the Contract.
- Maintain a variation and change order log.
- Compile the O&M Manuals.
- The role will involve both office based work and frequent site visits. The office location is in Co. Carlow with site visits varying depending on the contract.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years Mechanical / Electrical Engineering experience which will have been in a Project Engineering role.
- Knowledge and experience of the water and wastewater industry (not essential, but an advantage)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD with the capability to update drawings for construction and to coordinate between vendors and contractors.
- Knowledge and experience of plant design, construction and commissioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing contractors and sub-contractors for the delivery of projects.
- Strong technical, delivery and commercial skills.
- Demonstrate a pro-active, practical & flexible approach to work.Work closely with all parties to meet the business objectives.
To apply please send your CV to Dermot.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed