- Salary: €50,000 - €70,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterKerry
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Cork. Our client is a leading Irish multi-discipline Engineering & Project Management Company, providing services to clients in the Industrial, Government Agency, Educational and Tourism & Leisure sectors.
They are seeking a fully experienced Mechanical Engineer to be based in their Cork office.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Develops and specifies applications of controls, instruments, and operating systems for all building engineering services purposes
- Surveys, tests and reports on existing Mechanical installations
- Specifies activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing confirm to functional specifications and customer requirements
- Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with and provides advice to client
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, professional teams and contractors teams
- Carries out engineering calculations to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Responsible for technical content and accuracy of Trainee, Graduates and Engineers
- Validation and checking of designs and specifications
- Carrying out technical review of contractor’s technical submissions, working drawings and samples.
- BEng, MSc or have sufficient experience
- MCIBSE /MIET or HNC/HND with appropriate experience or equivalent
- Chartered or working towards
- Competent in specification design/drawing for several building types
- Previous experience working for an MEP contractor would be advantageous
- Good site based experience with a practical background preferred
- Sound knowledge of CDM Regulations and production of Designers Risk Assessments
- Good knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – word, excel, etc.
- Knowledge of REVIT, Bluebeam software or equivalent PDF editor.
- Ability to prioritise own workload whilst working on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Managerial skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Background in consulting or construction preferred.
To apply please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed.