- Salary: €45,000 - €55,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Sector: Construction & CivilsAdvanced Manufacturing
- Contact: Dylan Tracey
- Mobile: +353851869697
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonas Technical are currently recruiting a Mechanical Fitter. This role is site based and the successful candidate will work on plants all over Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading service supplier to the water and wastewater industry that offer turn-key solutions to the municipal and industrial sectors.
This role involves fitting and repair of new and ‘in service’ wastewater plants and equipment on different sites around Ireland. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of working on sites and possess good all-round skills in the areas of fitting (gearboxes, pumps), basic milling/turning and TIG welding.
- Work as part of a team in the delivery of one or more projects at any one time, embracing the ethos of one team culture.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental standards, policies and procedures are always adhered.
- Review of design stage mechanical drawings and P&ID in order to validate designs, familiarise with project and spot issues before they arise. Provide input and feedback on design in order to contribute to DMA efficiencies.
- Work well on own initiate with a good work ethos to achieve a high production output.
- Disassembly and repair/maintenance of equipment returning from site; requires flexible approach to working hours
- Complete system testing in the form of pipework pressure tests on completion of build or repair.
- Troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation, strip-down and repair equipment as necessary to ensure good working order including periodic inspections and preventative maintenance on system installations.
- Complete all test documentation and inspection and test plans (ITPs) as required
- Ensure positive experience for the customer and their representatives instilling an ethos of professionalism, collaboration and co-operation.
- Actively participate in product and process improvement by providing lessons learned feedback and innovative solutions for adoption on future projects.
- Keep appraised of latest standards and technology through continuous professional development (CPD).
- Other duties as required from time to time.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in the mechanical installation of equipment, systems and pipework is an advantage (including Stainless Steel, PVC, PE, and Ductile Iron).
- Ability to liaise on a technical level with site personnel to support site activities
- Relevant Mechanical Fitting or Fabrication/Welding qualification
- Good working knowledge of pump, compressor, blower and valve systems including stripdown and repair.
- Work as part of a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to weld mild steel and ability to weld stainless steel.
- Manage time when given a work list, including continuous feedback to line manager on work close-out.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise.
- Full Driving License.
- Experience in the water/ wastewater industry is a distinctive advantage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €45,000 – €55,000 per year
Package: Company van, phone, computer, fuel card and other travel expenses covered
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or apply directly through Indeed