- Salary: €60,000 - €75,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterCork
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are seeking to hire an experienced MEICA Project Manager to join their growing team in Cork.
They are an industry leader in providing innovative & sustainable engineering solutions to design, build, operate and maintain critical water and wastewater infrastructure across Ireland and the UK.
Why apply with Sonas?
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental & Sustainability standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Instil a positive Health and Safety culture within the team in their thinking and actions.
- Work closely and collaborate with all key stakeholders including clients, client representatives and third-party agencies.
- Ensure a positive experience for the client and their representatives instilling an ethos of collaboration and cooperation.
- Lead the construction team in all aspects of the MEICA scope of works.
- Liaise closely and support other engineering disciplines including civil/building engineering and the process teams.
- Facilitate the co-ordination role of the PSDP for live projects with internal and external designers. Represent the company as PSCS on live sites within your remit and co-ordinate all required documentation to be present on-site and up to date. Conduct regular Health and Safety inspections on live sites as well as conducting and leading toolbox talks and white-board meetings.
- Ensure best practice project management techniques are used such as Lean Construction and Last Planner.
- Monitor project performance including risk and opportunities. Mitigate/reduce risk where possible and manage opportunities.
- Report on the monthly performance of your project to the framework manager including performance against programme, budget and HSQE.
- Lead the team in the procurement of supplies and sub-contracts on time and within budget.
- Manage cashflow on projects and work with the Contracts Manager/ Commercial Manager to ensure interim payment applications are submitted on-time to the client.
- Level 8 Honours Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013. Holder of a certificate in Managing Safely for Construction Managers preferable.
- Experienced in MEICA engineering works such as process systems mechanical installation, control panels, electrical installations, commissioning and process proving activities.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver project objectives.
- Ability to engage with the customer as well as suppliers and sub-contractors in financial negotiations and final account agreements.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
- Strong communication skills with a high level of motivation.
- Full Driving License.
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org