- Salary: €50,000 - €65,000
- Location: IrelandGalwayConnacht
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team in Galway. Our client are a growing Electrical Contracting company working nationwide in Ireland across commercial and industrial projects.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Someone who has built up relationships in the industry for bulk buying
- Primarily to agree material prices with suppliers and assist in developing the purchasing process
- Provide functional assistance in support of Purchase Order system
- Support the Construction Sites with the receipting of delivery dockets
- Preparing RFQ’s and evaluations
- Developing supply chain relationships.
- Provide efficient and accurate administrative support to the Procurement Department
- Report weekly and monthly data and information to site & management teams
- Support development of in-house procedures/systems.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent electrical trade background advantageous.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a purchasing/buying role required
- Engineering experience advantageous but not essential
- Healthcare & pharma buyer experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience and background in Electrical Industry would be ideal
- Knowledge of / experience in the construction industry would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Excellent IT skills essential – knowledge of SAP B1 would be advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Electrically biased buyer on Medium / large scale construction projects
To apply please send your C.V to email@example.com or apply directly through Indeed.