- Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
- Location: GalwayIrelandConnacht
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for Purchasing Manager to join their team in Galway. Our client is an established Electrical Contractor, working mainly on commercial and industrial projects.
This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression. This role facilitates hybrid working.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Establishing industry relationships for the purpose of bulk purchasing.
- Mainly negotiating material prices with suppliers and aiding in refining the procurement process.
- Providing operational support for the Purchase Order system.
- Assisting construction sites in receiving and managing delivery dockets.
- Crafting and assessing Request for Quotations (RFQ’s).
- Fostering connections within the supply chain.
- Delivering precise administrative assistance to the Procurement Department.
- Compiling and presenting weekly and monthly reports to site and management teams.
- Assisting in the enhancement of in-house procedures and systems.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent electrical trade background advantageous.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a purchasing/buying role required
- Engineering experience advantageous but not essential
- Healthcare & pharma buyer experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience and background in Electrical Industry would be ideal
- Knowledge of / experience in the construction industry would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Excellent IT skills essential – knowledge of SAP B1 would be advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Electrically biased buyer on Medium / large scale construction projects