- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Location: UKLondon & SE
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: email@example.com
Our Client is recruiting an experienced Quality Manager to join their Head Office in Southwark, London.
Our Client is an International Civil & Geotechnical Engineering Consultancy with offices in London and Manchester. The successful candidate will join a strong team of professionals who cover a broad range of civil engineering and major infrastructure for both private and public sector clients. They will work with the Managing Director, Technical Directors, and Project Managers to ensure a high level of quality control and Compliance on all projects within the company.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civil, Structural & Geotechnical Engineering recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer in the UK
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- CQP CQI / IOSH / PIEMA/Nebosh preferred.
- Experience in design, implementation & management of integrated management systems
- Experience of rail industry advantageous
- Experience in an engineering / construction environment advantageous
- Experience working on major infrastructure projects advantageous.
- Experience with using quality tools & techniques.
Key Competencies and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the quality management system and environmental management systems
- Implementation and management of efficient procedures
- Ensure compliance with procedures, legislation, regulatory requirements and standards
- Analyse quality data and carry out annual management review.
- Quality lead for period reporting, development of quality KPIs & improvement initiatives
- Providing quality support to technical delivery teams
- Reporting compliance
- Carry out audits as identified and provide written reports on the findings.
- Evaluation of the suitability and competency of subcontractors and supplier quality systems and maintaining an approved supplier register.
- Analysing project review data providing reports on project profitability, lessons learnt and
- Managing external audits and securing ongoing accreditations.
- Ensure that all sub-contractors comply with the contractual quality requirements.
- Maintain the risk and opportunity register.
- Identifying and actioning opportunities for improvement
- Maintaining and improving policies
- Support and advise on the effectiveness of the project quality system and implementation of the system.
- Raising and closing out non conformances
- Assist project staff in preparing procedures required by the project and the PEP.
- Responsible for the development and management of the ISO45001
- Responsible for management of PPE
- Fire Safety and training
- Risk Assessments
- Incident investigation reports and records
- HSE Dashboard
- Development of HSE objectives and safety management system
- Emergency preparedness
- First aid
Maintaining the following accreditations:
- Builders profile
- Construction online
- Work in consultation with Project managers to provide support on project financial data and management and improving visibility on project costs.
- Provide insight and knowledge to project managers in all areas of project controls, including budget, cost, risk and change management
- Assist in the preparation of budget plans and forecasts for projects to improve margin visibility and help improve the execution of the projects
- Preparation of month-end project financial consolidation and programme completion for all live projects [fortnightly project profitability reports].
- Run fortnightly WIP meetings with summaries of actions and chasing WIP actions
- Provide necessary administrative support within the team
- Works with scheduling staff to develop, manage, revise, and update integrated detailed project schedules including all phases of project execution.
- Assists in forecasting resource requirements.
- Responsible for providing supporting information required for Invoices and Application for payments such as timesheets and subcontractor invoices
- Ensuring that all project reviews are completed and that a forensic lessons learnt is prepared on a monthly basis including recommendations for continual improvement.
- Establishing a right-first-time culture across the teams, and that will put quality at the heart of the business operations and project delivery.
- Committed to delivering quality on infrastructure projects to the required standards.
- Develop and present quality training.
- Deliver strong stakeholder engagement internally.
- Able to manage teams and deliver technical leadership across the entire organisation.
Our purpose is to work collaboratively to improve the quality and sustainability of infrastructure and enhance the lives of others. We firmly believe that our culture is underpinned by our core values which must be embedded into all of our daily business practice and represent the core attributes that are required to be part of the team.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through indeed