- Salary: €60,000 - €80,000 DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jake Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852666097
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for Dublin. The company in question are a highly respected main contractor in the Irish Civil’s industry. They have multiple high-profile projects commencing across Dublin & Leinster, the successful candidate will be initially working on a projects in Dublin. They are looking for an individual with relevant main contractor experience. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression, hybrid work is an option.
- Advise and regularly report to the Project Director on contractual and commercial matters.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies to drive revenue growth while minimizing costs.
- Manage interfaces between the Director, internal engineering, legal, and finance functions.
- Set financial targets, develop budgets, and monitor performance using key metrics.
- Provide commercial input into procurement strategies and evaluations for construction.
- Support commercial aspects of contract management to ensure smooth handover.
- Advise, draft, and support project correspondence.
- Review and update risk registers, variation trackers, and extension of time tracker sheets on a monthly basis, incorporating them into monthly reports.
- Provide support in the initiation and setup of projects.
- Advise on contractual matters and determine the contractual approach with the client.
- Identify contract grounds for claims and define claim strategies.
- Review notices and contractual correspondence.
- Prepare upstream claims and review and assess downstream claims.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the Project Agreement and Subcontract Contract conditions.
- Take responsibility for Subcontract Contracts, scopes of work, terms and conditions, and negotiations.
- Manage collateral warranties, guarantees, retentions, and performance bonds.
- Relevant industry experience, with 5+ years in a comparable position.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Engineering, or relevant business field.
- Ability to identify growth opportunities.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams of professionals.
- Capability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness.
- Effective collaboration in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proven ability to form, lead, and motivate QS/Commercial teams.
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and dynamic.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion, and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Main Contractor recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org