- Salary: €60,000 - €80,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Philip Maloney
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 2666097
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are currently seeking a Quantity surveyor for upcoming projects in the Dublin region. The company in question are one of the largest utilities contractors in both Ireland and the UK. This is a full time, permanent position with an excellent package on offer for the successful candidate. As part of the role you will be working on a water utilities project at the Quay in Dublin, the project is due to start in the coming weeks
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Encourage and develop a culture of commercial awareness within the team.
· Ensure the site team adheres to group procedures and governance
· Development, motivation & performance management of junior staff
· Delegation of appropriate work to junior staff, whilst maintaining accountability
Commercial Service Delivery
· Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
· Preparation of Valuations/Application for payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
· Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
· Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
· Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
· Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
· Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
· Challenge & manage in cost control / cost mitigation.
· Ensure the correct site records are maintained.
· Implement a WBS structure to satisfy the Client & Contract requirements.
· Assist with preparation of the Cost to Complete and Risk analysis Register for the projects(s).
· Preparation of change events, extension of time claims, final accounts etc.
· Measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
· Ensure appropriate Client Management is initiated and maintained.
· Helping to maximise the cash position, including WIP control, cash flow production & improvement plans.
· Maintain / assist in the production of the margin improvement plan on the project.
· Undertake any other work as required of you by your line manager
· Attend client engagement events for equivalent level customer feedback.
· Involvement in Business Improvement Initiatives.
General (All Employees)
· Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Never Harm Programme
· Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
. Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements
. Ensure compliance with the Company policies and procedures
· Manage the performance of all employees assigned to you in accordance with legislation and company procedures.
· Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
· Participate and engage fully in company appraisal/performance review processes and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider group’s performance.
Note: In addition to these functions personnel are required to carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required in order to support the objectives of the Group/Company/ Operational Unit
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics
On route to being Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS) or equivalent.
Full driving license.
All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Commercially astute. Excellent knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
Estimating and takeoffs
Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
To apply please send your CV to Philip.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed