- Salary: €90,000 - €100,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterMeath
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are seeking a Senior Electrical QS to join their team in Swords, Dublin. Our client are a growing Electrical Contracting company working nationwide in Ireland across commercial and industrial projects.
This is a full-time, permanent role. This role facilitates hybrid working.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Report monthly on what’s invoiced/ordered vs budget and forecasting to job completion
- To carry out duties as quantity surveyor on projects as instructed
- To ensure the optimum commercial return is achieved for the project
- Support in the preparation of subcontractor scope of works & contract agreements
- Liaise with subcontractor & suppliers on commercial aspects of the project
- Evaluation of subcontractor claims & progress requests.
- Prepare the cost/value reconciliation reports accurately
- Prepare and agree on interim valuations at the agreed dates to gain the best commercial advantage for the company.
- Agree final accounts with subcontractors to maximise project margins
- Ensure sub-contract orders are prepared in accordance with company procedure with reference to the date given on the procurement schedules in accordance with the contract programme having achieved the appropriate approvals
- Maintain control of accounts and minimise the cost of any variations
- Prepare an accurate and detailed cost plan for the project in collaboration with the PM.
- Budgets to be prepared for subcontract packages and major materials in collaboration with PM, Construction Manager and Engineer.
- Review Contractual Documents and summarise important points for construction team.
- Prepare Subcontract packages for pricing in conjunction with PM and Engineer.
- Review and summarise quotes against budgets for each subcontract package and major plant item.
- Prepare subcontract documents for each subcontractor package and liaise with subcontractor to ensure they are agreed and signed off. Ensure all required documents are provided by each subcontractor prior to commencement on site
- Monitor actual expenditure against plan for the duration of the project and prepare all periodic reports, month end reviews etc. as required.
- Prepare and maintain cashflow forecasts for each project and for the company as a whole.
- Examine and cost all variations in collaboration with the PM, construction manager and engineer. Ensure all contractual timescales are adhered to.
- Ensure contractual notifications are issued in accordance with contract timescales.
- Maintain a risk assessed variation schedule and obtain instructions for each variation in accordance with the contract.
- Meet with client / main contractor QS and justify costed variations in collaboration with the PM and engineer.
- Prepare and submit periodic progress valuations in collaboration with the PM and submit to the client for approval.
- Chase up payments from main contractor / client in accordance with contractual timescales.
- Prepare, submit and negotiate the project final account in collaboration with the PM.
- 7 years + experience ideally electrical
- Quantity Surveying Degree or electrical trade experience
- Experience working in the M&E sector, ideally on Electrical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate the preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations
- Methodical, conscientious, and organised, works to deliver high standards
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collective to deliver
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Analytical approach to estimating and pricing
- Proven experience of working on Medium / large complex construction projects
- Commercially aware
- Proficient in Excel and MS Project
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com