- Salary: €65,000 - €75,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Hugh Dooley
- Mobile: +353851396375
- Email: Hugh.Dooley@sonastechnical.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for a Senior Engineer for a Water Project in Dublin City Centre. This role is a temporary contract. The company in question are a highly respected civil contractor in the Irish construction industry. They have multiple high-profile long term projects commencing across the country. They are looking for an individual with relevant main contractor experience. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Assist with temporary works design schemes
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- 5 + years, proven experience in site based large civil engineering projects.
- Knowledge of reinforced concrete works, deep drainage, earthworks, traffic management and. general civil works
- Experience if temp works as TW supervisor or TW coordinator
- Proven experience/training with all the latest surveying/CAD techniques
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Top Level Management, Senior level clients and public.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large-scale construction project.
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
*** To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed