- Salary: €65,000 - €75,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Estimator to join their team in Dublin. Our client are one of Ireland’s leading mechanical, electrical and maintenance contractors, and has established itself as a leading multi-disciplined projects company who have gained significant experience across a wide range of business sectors.
The Senior Mechanical Estimator will be responsible for accurately estimating the costs of mechanical systems for construction projects, including HVAC, plumbing, piping, and fire protection systems.
This role is an office-based role based in HQ in Dublin.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Analyse project plans and specifications to determine the scope of work required for mechanical systems.
- Prepare accurate estimates of the cost of materials, labour, and equipment needed for mechanical systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, and other vendors to ensure that materials and services are priced accurately and competitively.
- Collaborate with project managers and engineers to develop value engineering ideas to optimize costs and project schedule.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure accurate integration of all systems.
- Develop proposals and bid packages for mechanical systems.
- Evaluate change orders and provide estimates for changes in scope of work.
- Conduct post-project cost analysis to evaluate and improve estimating accuracy.
- 5-7 years of experience in mechanical estimating
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems including HVAC, plumbing, piping, and fire protection
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and project plans.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with estimating software such as Trimble, Bluebeam & On Centre take-off is a plus.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through Indeed.