- Salary: 70,000 - 80,000
- Location: UKLondon & SE
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is seeking a Senior Project QS to join their team in Bromley. Our client and its subsidiaries is a wholly owned family run Regional House Builder based in Bromley and operating Throughout South East England.
They require a Strong Project QS to manage 2 Schemes. The role will encompass Tendering through to Applications on Both Projects.
Why apply with Sonas?
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Manage the tendering process, including preparing and reviewing tender documents, conducting cost analysis, and submitting competitive bids.
- Carry out detailed cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and pricing for materials, labor, and equipment.
- Prepare and administer subcontracts and procurement schedules, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor project costs, budgets, and cash flows, providing accurate and timely financial reports to senior management.
- Collaborate closely with the project team to assess project risks, identify cost-saving opportunities, and implement effective cost control measures.
- Prepare and negotiate variations, change orders, and claims, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to maintain positive working relationships and resolve any commercial issues.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor progress, assess works completed, and measure quantities for valuations and applications.
- Mentor and support junior quantity surveyors, sharing knowledge and providing guidance as required.
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor with relevant professional certifications.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with a House Builder or Main Contractor.
- Strong knowledge of construction processes, contract administration, and quantity surveying practices.
- Demonstrated experience in tendering, cost estimation, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Proficient in using industry-standard software and tools for quantity surveying and cost management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work independently.
- Ambitious and driven to progress to a senior leadership position within the company.
- Willingness to travel within the South East region as required.
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org