- Salary: €80,000 - €95,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are seeking a Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Swords, Dublin. Our client are a growing Electrical Contracting company working nationwide in Ireland across commercial and industrial projects.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Hybrid working is available.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Provide monthly reports comparing invoices/orders to budget and forecasts until project completion.
- Perform quantity surveyor tasks as instructed, optimizing project’s commercial returns.
- Assist in subcontractor agreements and scope of works preparation.
- Liaise with subcontractors/suppliers on project’s commercial aspects.
- Evaluate subcontractor claims and progress requests.
- Accurately prepare cost/value reconciliation reports.
- Agree on interim valuations at set dates for company advantage.
- Finalize subcontractor accounts to maximize project margins.
- Ensure proper sub-contract order preparation aligned with schedules.
- Control accounts, minimize variation costs, and prepare cost plans.
- Collaborate with PM for budgeting subcontract packages and materials.
- Summarize important contractual points for construction team.
- Create and manage subcontract pricing packages with PM and Engineer.
- Review and compare quotes against package budgets.
- Prepare, finalize, and secure subcontract documents.
- Monitor project expenditures, create cashflow forecasts.
- Assess and cost project variations with PM and team.
- Timely issuance of contractual notifications.
- Manage a variation schedule and obtain necessary instructions.
- Justify costed variations in meetings with clients/main contractor QS.
- Collaborate on progress valuations and pursue payments.
- Prepare, submit, and negotiate final project accounts with PM.
- 7 years + experience ideally electrical
- Quantity Surveying Degree or electrical trade experience
- Experience working in the M&E sector, ideally on Electrical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collective to deliver
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Analytical approach to estimating and pricing
- Proven experience of working on Medium / large complex construction projects
- Commercially aware
- Proficient in Excel and MS Project
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com