- Salary: 85,000 - 100,000
- Location: UKNorth West
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Senior Quantity Surveyor – Work on projects in Saudi Arabia **
We are working on behalf of our client, recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on projects in Saudi Arabia. Travel to Saudi Arabia will be required but flexible working arrangements are on offer. You will be working client side, on a range of projects in the Commercial and Industrial Construction Sectors.
Our Client is a professional consultancy practice specialising in Quantity Surveying, Project Controls and Project Management.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Zero Cost
- Experts in Project and Cost Management recruitment.
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for overseeing all financial and contractual aspects of construction projects. You will collaborate closely with project managers, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to ensure projects are delivered within budget while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance with relevant regulations.
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Key Responsibilities:
- Cost Estimation:
- Prepare accurate and detailed cost estimates for construction projects.
- Analyze project specifications and drawings to identify potential cost-saving opportunities.
- Evaluate the cost of materials, labor, equipment, and subcontractor services.
- Budget Management:
- Develop and manage project budgets, monitoring expenses throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identify and report on budget variances, providing recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensure adherence to budget constraints and financial goals.
- Manage the procurement process, including the selection of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors to secure favorable terms and pricing.
- Maintain comprehensive records of all procurement activities.
- Contract Administration:
- Review and administer construction contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Handle claims, change orders, and variations while mitigating potential disputes.
- Track and document all contractual correspondence and communications.
- Quantity Surveying:
- Prepare bills of quantities and tender documents for subcontractors and suppliers.
- Conduct regular site visits to measure and assess work progress for payment certification.
- Verify and certify payment applications and invoices from subcontractors.
- Risk Management:
- Identify and assess potential risks and issues related to cost and contracts.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Collaborate with project teams to resolve disputes and claims effectively.
- Prepare regular financial reports and forecasts for project stakeholders.
- Present cost-related information to senior management and clients.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions and project data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in quantity surveying within the construction industry.
- Professional certification (e.g., RICS, CIOB) is preferred.
- Proficiency in construction cost estimation software and MS Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com