- Salary: 60,000 - 70,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working on behalf of our client, a leading Multidisciplinary Engineering Consultancy headquartered in Dublin, recruiting a Senior Sustainability Engineer to join their Civils team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, dynamic individual who will take on a national leadership role for sustainable drainage and integrated water management in their Dublin office. The position would suit a motivated, practical, and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work within a progressive and innovative design consultancy.
The role will primarily involve working with our Dublin based team but can facilitate a hybrid working system which does not require the candidate to be based in Dublin full time.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Zero Cost
- Experts in Multidisciplinary Engineering Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
Senior Sustainability Engineer – Key aspects of the role:
- Technical lead for a range of surface water management projects e.g., drainage strategies / SuDS designs, nutrient neutrality studies/mitigations, water cycle studies, surface water management plans and FRAs.
- Familiar with Irish Water’s processes, and their technical guidance.
- Managing new projects from concept stage, through the planning process and into construction.
- Responsibility for technical quality, report writing and quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Project management including contracts, invoicing, client management etc.
- Supporting bids, tenders and value propositions including preparing, contributing to, and reviewing commercial and technical aspects of bids.
- Building relationships with clients.
- Liaising with project directors, technical directors, and other design / technical disciplines to work collaboratively across sectors and ensure the integrity of our work.
- Guiding the development of the team through technical advice and mentoring and supporting their professional development programmes.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a design environment.
- Experience designing drainage systems with first-hand knowledge of the latest Local Authority Development Plans, CIRIA C753, the GDSDS, and the IW Codes of Practice.
The above are a selection of the responsibilities which will be associated with the role but the successful candidate is not required to have extensive expertise in all areas. Training and development opportunities can be provided as part of the role as necessary.
Senior Sustainability Engineer – Experience required:
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Experience in the use of Civil 3D, Causeway Flow, Micro Drainage, Site3d, MS Office.
- Experience assessing Flood Risk in accordance with The Planning System and Flood Risk Management as published by OPW.
- Hold a recognised Bachelor of Engineering Degree (FETAC Level 8).
- Be progressing toward Chartership status.
- Have a keen interest in sustainable civil infrastructure design.
- Familiarity with the planning process regarding civil infrastructure and its design.
- The ability to communicate design intent and philosophy to allied team members and non-technical interested parties.
- Experience leading projects from inception through the design process.
- Knowledge of Revit or similar BIM packages.
- Involvement in a professional institution i.e., IEI, ICE.
Package on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid and Flexible working
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- Sickness Scheme
- Service Holidays
- Professional fees
- Wellness programme
- Lunch and Learn / CPD
For more information or to apply directly please email email@example.com