- Salary: €50,000 - €70,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterTipperary
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Jake Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852666097
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, is currently on the lookout for a Site Engineer in Warrnambool, Australia. The company in question are an award-winning infrastructure contractor, the company provide project solutions for the water and wastewater industry, the successful candidate will be initially working on a €70 million Waste Water Treatment Plant Project. This is a full time, permanent position, with great scope for career progression.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in civil & utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Ensure correct and accurate setting out methods and techniques are implemented.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Complete Quality checks in line with company and project procedures.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Support assistant, graduate and/or junior engineers.
- Assist with temporary works design schemes.
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and noncompliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Supporting the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Support the team with written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Ensure effective & appropriate communication with the commercial team regarding all issues with a contractual/commercial implication
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Civil Engineering role
- Relevant Civil Engineering degree
- Water experience is essential
- Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Proven experience/training with all the latest surveying/CAD techniques.
- Ability to use setting out equipment including total station and reading of drawings and specification documents.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Management, clients and public.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project.
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Paid Visa
- Paid Flights
To apply please send your CV to Jake.Kavanagh@sonastechnical.com OR directly through Indeed