- Salary: 75,000-80,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterLouth
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Residential Site Manager to join our client’s growing house building business, initially on a site in North County Dublin. The principal purpose of the role is to have overall responsibility for all on site construction activities on our residential development sites, reporting on a regular and routine basis to the Project Manager.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Construction, Civils & Structural Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
- Managing the day-to-day operation from foundation to completion and the critical paths for labour, materials and plant, including material lead times.
- Take control of all works from house foundations through to 1st & 2nd fix including external finishes, paving, boundary walls and landscaping.
- Coordinating civil and groundworks sub-contractors and labour force activity.
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces and applying the Company’s Health & Safety Policy
- Agree and manage the equipment, plant, staffing and subcontract requirements for the site.
- Maintain site strategy and review with Project Manager as required.
- Check material and plant requirements and liaise with commercial prior to issuing any variations or instructions.
- Respond to all queries from trades and action accordingly.
- Check all materials for damage and meet the required quality standards.
- Taking responsibility for self-development and the development of others.
- Driving through safety & quality at every stage of the construction process.
- Ensuring the developments pass internal and external inspection processes.
- Providing clear direction to the on-site construction team regarding responsibilities and targets.
- Providing accurate and regular reports on productivity, progress and dates.
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of production and approve stage completions for payments to sub-contractors.
- Reporting additional costs for non-productive costs and prelim expenditure to ensure commercial impact is captured.
- Carrying out the schedule of works in line with budgetary and time constraints.
- Reporting directly to the Project Manager and liaising with the client when appropriate.
- Working in line with all regulations, building standards and codes of practice.
- Coordinating sub-contractors and labour force activity.
- Being the leading figure on site, responsible for safe work practices and quality of work.
- Working closely with the commercial and technical teams.
- Working with supply chain to ensure materials are on site when required and work is not delayed as a result.
- Ensure that all sub-contractor quality stage checklists are completed.
- Thoroughly inspect and snag each plot prior to each key stage inspection.
- Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation and attention to detail.
- Experience within a similar role where you have been managing significant steel and concrete construction operations.
- Have a detailed understanding of concrete and steel building processes from a technical and managerial perspective
- Strong communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to motivate others
- Good teamwork and people skills
- Significant experience managing work crews and trades.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Basic computer skills i.e., e-mails and use of excel (Desirable).
- Safe Pass/Manual Handling/Working at Heights
- Construction Management Degree/Trade Qualified (Desirable).
- First-Aid (Desirable).
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com