- Salary: 55,000 - 65,000
- Location: LeinsterIrelandDublin
- Sector: Construction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: email@example.com
We are actively looking for a committed and seasoned Structural Project Engineer to become a valuable member of our client’s Building and Infrastructure division at their Blanchardstown office. In this role, you will be involved in a wide array of projects spanning the built environment, including residential, commercial, educational, and healthcare structures, as well as critical infrastructure like water retention systems and wind farms.
If you are a Chartered Engineer with 8 to 12 years of experience and a strong command of mechanics and structural design principles, we encourage you to apply for this thrilling opportunity.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Zero Cost
- Experts in Multidisciplinary Engineering Recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
Structural Project Engineer – Minimum Qualifications:
We require candidates to hold at least a Level 8 degree in Civil Engineering, with a preference for a concentration in Structural Engineering. Additionally, Chartered Engineer certification and a professional track record of 8 to 12 years are necessary.
Structural Project Engineer – Primary Responsibilities:
In your role as a Structural Project Engineer, you will be instrumental in ensuring the success of our projects. Your responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Assisting in the development of tender documents and evaluating tender submissions.
- Managing site investigations during the tendering phase.
- Applying Eurocodes for various materials, including steel, timber, concrete, and masonry. This involves supervising design tasks delegated to both design engineers and junior team members.
- Addressing complex design aspects, such as deep foundations, transfer structures, torsional beams, and flat slabs.
- Compiling comprehensive calculation packages for both manual and computer-aided designs, and reviewing calculations performed by design engineers and junior colleagues.
- Drafting specification documents.
- Overseeing the preparation of technical reports and collaborating with professionals from different disciplines and stakeholders.
- Managing the development of drawings, reviewing Navisworks and Revit models, and coordinating with various disciplines.
- Maintaining effective communication within the design team.
- Adhering to our quality management protocols, including managing timesheets and mentoring junior team members in Quality Management System (QMS) procedures.
- Adhering to our Safety Manual.
- Preparing risk assessments for designers and coordinating with the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP).
- Conducting site inspections, generating Building Control Amendment Regulations (BCAR) reports, and assisting in the preparation of supplementary certificates.
Structural Project Engineer – Key Competencies:
We seek candidates who demonstrate the following essential skills:
- A deep understanding of fundamental mechanics and a firm grasp of complex structural design principles. Capable of aiding both junior team members and design engineers in comprehending these concepts.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational abilities, including the capacity to efficiently manage delegated tasks and monitor the progress of junior team members.
- Proficiency in tracking project deadlines and milestones.
- Competence in project financial management, encompassing Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), invoicing, and periodic reviews. Understanding of fee proposals and project scopes.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in utilizing finite element software, such as Autodesk Robot, Tekla Structural Designer, CADS A3D, and other specialized design packages like CADS Masonry Panel Designer and Tedds Designs.
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org