- Salary: €51,039 - €67,763
- Location: IrelandCorkMunster
- Sector: Construction
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are the leading experts in Civil & Built Environments. We will get your CV seen by the hiring manager, offering professional assistance by managing your application, interview, contract negotiations, and access to opportunities which are not yet available on job boards.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Discipline Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor – Senior Assistant Technical Services Officer to join their Capital & Estates Department across Cork and Kerry.
The client’s Estates Department function provides a range of professional, technical, project management, property, energy, sustainability, fire and safety and related services in respect of the procurement, development, operation, and maintenance of the Client’s physical infrastructure.
The Candidate will provide technical services and assistance as directed for the development and execution of major & minor capital projects as follows:
- Assist in preparation of a comprehensive brief for the projects in consultation with services and estates personnel and advisors.
- Assist in the selection of Design Teams, other professional services, and Contractors for Capital projects by arranging and managing the procurement processes.
- Assist in defining requirements for design services, buildings, and equipment.
- Obtain approval to proposals as directed in accordance with Client protocols and regulations in a timely manner
- Assist in managing and controlling agreed project timescales and budgets for planning, design, construction and equipping to agreed quality standards
- Property management and technical advisory services as deemed appropriate for the management of the healthcare estate property portfolio within their assigned area.
- Provide Technical Support role to other estates personnel and service personnel as required.
Ensure that adequate fire prevention and safety measures and standards are devised and applied by:
- Discussing fire precaution and safety measures and their priorities as applicable with the Local Authority Fire Officer in the area in association with the Fire Prevention Officers, Service Manager and other relevant staff.
Provide advice as applicable on the efficient use of energy and work with services personnel and other estates personnel and advisors on the efficient use of energy in healthcare premises by;
- Co-operating with Fire and Safety Officers, Services Managers, Health & Safety, Risk Management, Occupational Health, and Infection Control Staff in addressing facilities improvements with regard to legislative compliance.
- Be degree qualified in Architecture, Engineering or Surveying
- Have had at least five years’ satisfactory experience after attaining the qualification at i) above in architecture, engineering or surveying work, including adequate experience in the construction, project management or maintenance of buildings or in the installation , contract management or maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and heating services of such buildings.
- Possess a high standard of technical training and experience.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and of administrative capacity) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
Access to transport is a necessary requirement, as this post may involve travel between sites.
Salary €51,039 – €67,763
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org