- Salary: €85,000+
- Location: UKLondon & SE
- Sector: Food & Life SciencesSteel & Manufacturing
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, a leading provider of high performance tooling is seeking an Interim Head of Quality to join their team in Dublin, Ireland. The Head of Quality is responsible for leading and managing an efficient and effective Quality function, ensuring systems, processes and standards are developed, implemented and improved to deliver Right First Time product to our customers. The role reports to the Operations Director.
Key duties/responsibilities of Head of Quality
People : Lead quality team to develop processes and procedures, to achieve a high performance culture. Develop and cultivate positive employee relations. Develop strong teams and succession pipelines through coaching, mentoring and by providing opportunities for individual development & growth. Ensure quality employees have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools and support to perform in their roles. Motivate teams and individuals in a people centric, self-directed environment. Accountable for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring full adherence to best practice systems and processes.
Customer : Responsibility for a culture of High Performance & Right First Time across the company. Drive collaboration across all departments to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Performance : Develop and deliver measurable, meaningful, motivational metrics to measure the quality of our products and the efficiency of the Quality System, and ensure communication, understanding, and use of these metrics throughout the company. Develop and improve the QMS, ISO 9001, and identify any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company. Develop strong partnerships across all organisation functions along the full value stream.
Quality : Drive and promote a culture of Quality excellence and continuous improvement across the organisation. Manage and develop a robust Quality Management System to ensure right first time product is delivered to our customers. Develop and deliver a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and organisational objectives, on time, accurate and complete and with ability to implement sustained change in a structured, methodical and controlled manner. Develop and implement effective auditing strategy to identify any weaknesses in the current system, and drives appropriate and effective corrective and preventive actions throughout the company in response to audit.
Innovation : Develop and implement an Innovation strategy across quality and manage this to fruition to ensure demonstrable year on year quality improvements. Create an environment where ideas and insights can be shared, developed and implemented.
Key Performance Indicators for the Head of Quality
- Delivers improvement in right first time metrics year on year
- Reduction in customer complaints year on year as per company strategic objectives
- Employee engagement as per company metrics
- Educational/Professional qualification in Quality Engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience in a similar Quality management role
- Experience in Manufacturing, and/or Engineering related industry, with knowledge of Manufacturing Quality Management systems, understanding of specifications, gage certification, capability analysis, data and defect analysis, variance reduction
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001
- Knowledge in Lean; Six Sigma & TQM methodology and application of same
- Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to manage teams of direct reports and cross-functional project workers
- Hands on, can work in the detail and also take strategic view
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to managers and colleagues.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
- Levels of high energy and drive for results
- Laser focused on delivering quality to customer
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com