- Salary: €35,000 - €55,000 DOE
- Location: LeinsterIrelandDublin
- Sector: Food & Life SciencesSteel & Manufacturing
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
Sonas Technical are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with our client, a leading provider of high performance tooling based in Tallaght.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure “right first time” tooling design is delivered efficiently and effectively to both internal and external customers. Reporting to the Design team Lead, you will be part of a large team of designers responsible for designing complete designs for precision pharmaceutical tooling based on a list of defined inputs.
· Study and follow a complete design brief
· Design of Blister packaging tooling using computer aided design (CAD) carried out exclusively in SolidWorks.
· Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
· Adhere to project deadlines and schedules
· Contribute to departmental monetary targets
· Make design changes on existing products
· Detailed review and check of designs and changes for compliance to internal standards and procedures
· Contribute to continuous improvement activities
· Assess and implement improvements proposed by manufacturing, assembly and other key departments within the company
· Undertake special projects as required
· Reverse engineer tooling
· Support the review of customer issues when required and propose solutions
· Provide the Sales and Customer Services Team with technical support as required
· Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
· Be an effective team member, working with Team Leader and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
· Third level qualification in BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 3 – 5 years in a Mechanical Design Engineer role designing bespoke products
· A sound knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software such as SolidWorks, technical drawings and 3D modelling essential
· Experience of producing detailed drawing for manufacture with knowledge of geometrical tolerances
· An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
· Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
· Experience designing blister tooling a distinct advantage
· Ability to work in a structured, systematic and organised manner, with high level of concentration.
· Self-disciplined, thorough, methodical and predictable in approach to completing tasks. Highly organised with excellent planning skills
· Team player, with the ability to build relationship within and external to the design team.
· Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and identifying well thought through practical solutions.
· Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work in fast paced, results driven and ever changing environment
· Proven analytical aptitude and problem solving capability
· Analytical thinking and ability to make calculated decisions based on facts and information.
· Desire to continuously improve, raise standards, reduce errors and perfect processes.
· On-Site Parking · Annual Bonus · Sick Pay · Refer a Friend €1,500
· Cycle to Work Scheme · Early Finish on Friday’s · Wellness Benefit €1,200
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org