- Salary: €85,000 - €100,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Sector: Food & Life SciencesSteel & Manufacturing
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
Our Client, a leading provider of high performance tooling is seeking a Technical Manger to join their team in Tallaght; the Candidate will oversee the CNC Teams, look after continuous improvement on the floor and report into the Senior Management Team.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing an efficient and effective technical function in the operations machining area to support the manufacturing organisation, and ultimately be responsible for ensuring right first time precision products, delivered on time, complete to customer specification and in accordance with company values and objectives.
• Lead the technical team including CNC programming, process development and optimisation of staff.
• Play a key role in the identification and implementation of systems and processes to allow the introduction of time-based planning, production monitoring, performance management and capacity measurement.
• Lead continuous improvement in machining including right first time, cycle time reduction and changeover optimisation
• Lead technical problem-solving
• Support the introduction of an OEE-type measure and own the machining performance element.
• Identify equipment requirements and lead machine procurement and installation.
• Ensure new technologies are understood and introduced as appropriate.
• Lead innovation in the machining area.
• Own machine shop layout and flow optimisation
• Project manage changes in the machining area
• Support manufacturing best practice initiatives and ensure the basics are implemented and maintained in the machining area.
• Develop and cultivate a strong, positive technical operations team.
• Develop strong teams and succession pipelines through coaching, mentoring and by providing opportunities for individual development & growth.
• Ensure the technical team have the relevant skills, capabilities, tools and support to perform in their roles. Motivate teams and individuals in a people-centric, self-directed environment. Accountable for creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring full adherence to best practice systems and processes.
Interested applicants should have:
• Ideally a third-level qualification in a relevant engineering, manufacturing, scientific discipline or similar.
• At least 10 years’ experience in manufacturing processes and complex, multiple technology products.
• Experience in CNC Machining is essential.
• Proven ability to manage and develop high-performance teams in either engineering or manufacturing team-based environments.
• Experience with continuous improvement methods an advantage (lean, kaizen, six sigma)
• Experience in a regulated environment an advantage (e.g. med tech, pharma), not essential
• Experience in a fast-moving dynamic environment
• Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting and continuous improvement initiatives
• Communication and reporting skills (verbal and written)
• Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions at a senior management level
• Levels of high energy and drive for results
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org