- Salary: €60,000 plus DOE
- Location: IrelandMunsterCork
- Sector: Mission CriticalPharma & Life SciencesAdvanced Manufacturing
- Contact: Aimee Burke
- Mobile: +353852654282
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is a Leading Engineering Firm that works on projects in the Bio-Pharma, Oil & Gas, and Semiconductor Industries, currently seeking an Intermediate QS based in Cork to work on a Pharma project.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Construction & Engineering Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Complete the initial review of tenders, rates, preliminaries, terms and conditions prior to commencement of a contract
- Raise sales invoices against works completed as required
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with all key stakeholders
- Create detailed reports on the commercial status of the project.
- Management of sub-contractors including; prepare tenders, soliciting tenders, evaluation of rates and measures, provision of sub contract agreements, purchase orders, and general commercial management of sub-contractor
- Work closely with construction managers and site engineers to track progress claims by sub-contractors and certify payments
- Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Management of labour costs including inputting into BMS
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Verify measures on works and the application of contracted rates
- Management of variations, including measures, rates, preliminaries and 3rd party costs including materials, consumables, plant etc., issue to customer and negotiate as required.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor re-measurement of contract works, site day works and site change orders.
- Generate contract valuations on bi monthly basis.
- Liaise with Customer in contract administration including progress account valuations, prepare supporting documentation, final account negotiations, final payment certificates and retentions.
The ideal Candidate:
- Degree Qualification in Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering, construction management or equivalent
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft applications, primarily Word and Excel
- Min 3-5 years relevant work placement experience as a surveyor is required, preferably in the mechanical sector
- Decisive, organised, personable and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to complete successful negotiation and build rapport with customers and subcontractors
- Diligent, pays a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
- A Strong Communicator both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of industry best practice and standards
Great benefits package for the right candidate
To apply please send your CV to Aimee.Burke@sonastechnical.com or apply directly through Indeed