- Salary: DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Sector: Mission CriticalPharma & Life SciencesAdvanced Manufacturing
- Contact: Aimee Burke
- Mobile: +353852654282
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a leading Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management (EPCM) firm specializing in the Semi- Conductor, Bio-Pharma & Life Science sectors, with a strong commitment to excellence and innovation, they deliver cutting-edge solutions to clients across the Globe.
We are currently seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Mechanical Estimator to join their team and contribute to the success of their projects.
As a Mechanical Estimator, you will play a vital role in accurately estimating the cost of mechanical systems for projects across various sectors.
You will work closely with project managers, engineers, and procurement teams to provide reliable cost estimates, support proposal development, and contribute to the overall success of the projects.
- Cost Estimation: Develop detailed and accurate cost estimates for mechanical systems, including equipment, materials, labor, and subcontractor costs, using industry-standard estimating software and tools.
- Bid Preparation: Collaborate with the proposal team to prepare competitive and comprehensive bids and proposals, ensuring alignment with project requirements and client expectations.
- Vendor and Supplier Relations: Maintain relationships with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors to obtain up-to-date pricing information and negotiate favorable terms and conditions.
- Technical Evaluation: Review project specifications, drawings, and technical documents to understand project requirements and identify potential risks or value engineering opportunities.
- Cost Analysis: Analyze cost data, historical project data, and market trends to refine and improve estimating accuracy.
- Value Engineering: Identify cost-saving opportunities and value engineering options while maintaining quality standards.
- Risk Assessment: Evaluate project risks related to cost estimates and develop mitigation strategies.
- Documentation: Prepare and maintain accurate documentation of cost estimates, assumptions, and relevant data throughout the project lifecycle.
- Client Engagement: Collaborate with clients and project teams to address cost-related inquiries and provide cost-related recommendations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Estimator, with [X] years of experience in EPCM projects.
- Proficiency in estimating software (e.g., CostWorks, Bluebeam, Timberline) and MS Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems, construction methods, and industry standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com